Thursday 12 June 2014

Bubi's bed

My little one left the crib a couple of weeks ago, it was just impossible to get him to sleep there anymore. I've been looking for the right toddler bed for weeks but I couldn't find one, they were all too expensive or bad quality and Ikea doesn't exist here. In the end I found this old bed that was forgotten in a deposit in our week end house, I liked at first sight the unusual design and  in addition it is quite low rise, about 20 cm from the floor, like toddler beds. The original colour was really ugly but I painted it and I like it this way, Bubi enjoys sleeping there so the mission is accomplished! As for the length it is a regular bed so it's confortable for me too when he wants my company during the night, since that happens on a regular basis you'll understand how useful it is!! 
***
Mi bebote dejó la cuna, un poco temprano ya que solo tiene un año y medio, pero ya era imposible dormirlo ahí. Busqué una cama toddler durante varias semanas sin éxito: son todas o muy caras o de mala calidad. Al final encontré esta cama abandonada en un depósito en el campo, me encantó desde el primer momento por el diseño, ademas es bastante baja y el niño puede subir y bajar sin problemas. El color original era de una madera no muy linda así que lo pinté de este color y ahora me gusta mucho. Aparentemente al Bubi también le gusta ya que ahora se duerme feliz. El largo de la cama es standard y eso no es un dato menor dado que si de noche tengo que hacerle compañía ;) por lo menos puedo estar comoda yo tambien!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment