Thursday 3 July 2014

Italian country life

I'm here in Italy with my son, we made it!! My husband will join  us in two weeks, in the meanwhile I'm enjoying some relaxing days doing nothing. I spend most of the time at my parents' vineyard playing with Lorenzo or gathering fresh fruits. Here are some picture of the old cowshed, now converted into a rustic kitchen that we use to prepare simple meals when we spend the day here. The rest of the old building is still under construction so I can't show any pics yet.

*** 

Estoy aquí en Italia con mi hijo por fin! Mi marido llegará en dos semanas y mientras me relajo haciendo nada. Paso mucho tiempo en el viñedo de mis padres, jugando con Lorenzo o buscando fruta fresca de los arboles. Aquí les muestro unas fotos del viejo estable convertido en una cocina muy rustica que usamos para cocinar comidas simples cuando nos quedamos todo el día. El resto del edificio no está terminado aún así que todavia no tengo fotos.


I love these old stones, I guess they have many stories to pass down, actually the sheds were the places where the traditional patriarcal family used to sit at night to tell all kind of stories, both for children and adults, tv wasn't inveted yet! 
Nowadays I like the fact that everything looks -and actually is - a bit unfinished, and the furniture that consists in some tools previously used during the renovation or some really old and abandoned stuff like the chairs, forgotten here in the 60 or so, I guess!

***

Adoro estas viejas piedras, tienen muchas historias para transmitir, en el pasado las familias patriarcales se reunían en los estables al caer de la noche y ahí se narraban historias para grandes y pequeños, la tele aún no existia!!
Hoy me gusta el hecho de que todo parezca - de hecho lo es - un poco sin terminar, y los pocos muebles, recuperados o armados con objetos usados durante la obra.





No comments:

Post a Comment